Wednesday November 4th, 2015
Cocktails & Hors d’oeuvres 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
CLE Program 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
30 Rockefeller Plaza 39th Floor New York, NY 10112 Directions
In-house retail fashion counsel face numerous business and legal issues on a day-to-day basis and the pressure is highest during Fashion Week – “Best of British!” This program provides a minute-by-minute simulation of an in-house counsel’s busy day and highlights the cutting edge legal issues facing the retail fashion industry today:
- Clearance of music rights for live shows, online streaming and videos, and in-store events;
- Model contracts, including models under 18 years of age, and photographer agreements;
- Clearance of trademarks, copyrights, brand and product names, and labeling for the retail industry;
- New developments in technology, including 3D printing, patent trolls, and wearable technology;
- Social media and native advertising, endorsements, and promotions by retailers; and
- Intellectual property protection, Including trademarks, trade dress, copyrights, and design patents.
Since New York’s Madison Avenue will be showcasing British fashion retailers from November 5-8, 2015, the reception and refreshments will celebrate the “An Englishman in New York” theme.
Questions? Contact Ian Pogue-Mohammed via email or at 212.653.8448